In a wet climate like the Pacific Northwest, water damage is common. Siding repair is often all that is needed, but siding replacement can be a better option. Water may be leaking into your home causing dry rot, compromising structural integrity, and causing mold/fungus growth. If this goes unchecked for an extended period of time, the framing and exterior sheathing may need to be replaced. In some cases, even drywall can become damaged and infected with mold and rot. These costly repairs can often be avoided or discovered sooner rather than later with a siding replacement.
Why is siding replacement important?
- The existing siding is failing prematurely due to improper installation or defective materials.
- To eliminate leaks that may be damaging the structure of your home, causing mold, fungus, or dry-rot.
- Occupants of the home have respiratory problems related to mold and fungal growth.
- To update or restore your home.
- To increase the value of your home.
- Defective siding prevents you from selling your home.
- High painting / maintenance costs, due to the current condition of the siding.
What about siding repair?
If caught early, siding repair may be an option instead of siding replacement. However, a common problem with leaking siding is that it may go unnoticed for a long period of time. To prevent these additional costs and mold/fungus growth inside of your home, it is a good idea to have your siding inspected, and if needed replaced. If your siding is in bad condition and you are not ready to replace it, a repair option may save you a lot of money, and help prevent your home from being damaged. SFW Construction is the Northwest specialist in siding repairs.
Why choose SFW Construction for siding replacement or repair?
- We use quality flashing, self adhesive flashing materials, and caulking to ensure that water will not leak into the building.
- We follow all of the manufactures best practices/installation guides.
- We use the latest technology and high-performance products to maximize the benefits of your siding replacement
- An experienced owner works with the installation crew.
- Low overhead means that we can pass the savings on to you.
We are a James Hardie factory-trained Siding Contractor. Top quality siding replacement and repair is what we offer!